Friday, November 19, 2010

Magnetic Mattress Pad Sleeping Problem

About 16 months ago I purchased a magnetic mattress pad and a magnetic pillow pad off of Ebay. I had read a book called 'natural cures' by Kevin Trudeau. After reading the book, I started eating organic whole foods and I saw some positive changes in my body including a reduction of acne and weight loss. Well since some of the diet suggestions helped I thought I would try other things in the book that he suggested. One thing he recommended was a magnetic mattress.

Well I put the magnetic mattress & pillow pad on my bed about 16 months ago. For the first few nights I didn't sleep very good. Than for a short while I was sleeping about 12 hours a day. After that I pretty much forgot it was there, and the months rolled by. The gauss of the magnets are 3950. And the mattress pad is very thin, so I am sleeping pretty much directly on the magnets, so there the power of the magnets is not diffused much over distance since the magnets are right there.

Well a few weeks ago I went to visit my brother in Montana for 1 week. I slept on his couch and I didn't have the magnets. I slept awful all week long. I would wake up in the middle of the night and maybe get 5-6 hours of sleep a night total. I usually get 9 hours of sleep every night. Well when I returned to my home I started sleeping pretty regularly again, so I just attributed the disturbance in sleep to stress while I was away from home.

But than I got the idea that maybe it was because I didn't have the magnets to sleep on. So I took out the mattress pad and pillow pad I had forgotten about. Well my sleep went from 9 hours a night to 5 hours a night at best. Some nights I would get less sleep. Than after about 10 days I started getting indigestion all day long after every meal. After 2 weeks of not sleeping with the magnets I put the magnets back in. It has been a few days since I put the magnets back in and my digestion and sleep are slowly returning back to normal.

I have never had a problem with my digestion or sleep in my life. Before I got the magnets I slept fine and digested fine. After I got the magnets I slept fine (after a few adjustments early on) and my digestion is fine. But now it seems my sleep and digestion is dependent on me sleeping on the magnets. This is freaking me out a little bit because if it is affecting my sleep and digestion it could be affecting other things over the long term, plus it appears I have a dependency.

Well I have done a few searches through google. And it seems that some people think that a magnetic pillow pad can stimulate the pineal gland in the head to produce melatonin when the gauss of the magnets is over 3000. My theory is that after I first got my magnetic pads, the magnets were stimulating my pineal gland to produce more melatonin. But my body was producing too much melatonin at this point (perhaps when I was sleeping 12 hours a day) and my body started to compensate by 'downregulating' melatonin, or producing less melatonin naturally. So now I think my body has created a dependency on the stimulation of the magnets to produce a correct amount of melatonin.

I also came across a study where magnets increased the acidity of stomach acid some kind of animal. I think my body may have created a dependency on the magnets stimulating enough stomach acid similar to how it got the melatonin dependency that I described in the last paragraph. It compensated for too much acidity at first and now it needs the magnets. At least that is my theory. Because I believe my indigestion that I had when I removed the magnetic mattress pad was due to insufficient acid in my stomach.

Well my idea is to try to wean myself off the magnets over a long period of time by buying lower gauss rated magnetic pads. Maybe go from 3950 to 3000 to start, than from 2000 to 1000 etc. Because when I tried to go cold turkey, my symptoms seemed to be getting worse every day even after the first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment